Sunday, April 5, 2020

Be not Affraid!


 My Grandmother and her three sisters and one brother left Finland during WWI as very young kids and teenagers. They traveled by a ship for several weeks, a unknown couple help them make it here. They left with the clothes on their back, and were not bilingual. As a kid I was often reminded how lucky we have it here and not take things for granted. Growing up we had no cable, internet etc. it was a different time we learned culture and traditions. Time was spent on nurturing life lessons, learning on what to do in life.  My parents and grand parents, elders will always be my greatest teachers to me; they made me who I am today. Those lessons make these trying days alot easier; my father always said don't worry alot things sort out if you can maintain patience. So very true!

There are many things you can do within your home life. This is not the end of the world having to sacrifice for the good of the cause.Now is the time to cleanse, lose a bad habit or get closer to a loved one whom might not always be around.My grandmother often said that her mother taught:

*Never give up on yourself or your dreams; there is always hope after despair.
*There is always a tomorrow after the storm
*True poverty is that of a lost soul; must have faith even in the worst circumstances.


Gary Abersold