Saturday, April 25, 2015

Free Will and Avoiding Being Blindly Led



Something to Consider

I can remember a time when I received advice from my friends and neighbors within the community I lived in. Many of my best learned lessons in life have been in person, which took personal effort to have. The truth is you have to live in the real world and get experience there is no way around it. The computer is not the answer. It seems that personal conversations & mentoring are becoming a thing of the past. This is a real scary thing for the younger generation, which is not getting nurtured properly by real life experiences.

People are opting out for superficial and artificial experiences. Each and everyday I see people I know that were once healthy, now getting sick with colds and are burned out from the technology addiction. Many do-not even realize that they are hooked. The technology is the culprit; but you still have free will to be a normal person in life. Ask yourself are you truly having more real person fulfilled experiences or are you chained to you're devices for the next rush? If you're life is surrounded by you're silly phone and computer, there's a problem Houston :)..do you ever detach it for a few days?... see if you can then you will know if you're hooked or not.     

For the record I have computers and  utilize the speed of sharing class notes and communication via online. It works well and many people are accustomed to it. When possible although I still use my phone and call people. I purposely keep my website basic and easy so people don't sit on it for hours at a time. Its just basic and informational. I am from the era of come and learn in person era. Those who come to classes regularly are truly learning.     


The impact of So-called " Social Media"
Our dialogues have shifted to these websites. We no longer call a person, go to classes, a business, we are instead searching the internet and even more often we are seeking them online through social media. It doesn’t stop there, the majority of shoppers are consulting the rankings and reviews found on social sites before making a purchase. Customers now expect businesses not only be present but also active on social media.

Like I have said in previous writings were becoming a culture of general information and no wisdom, human interaction serves a purpose..and has for thousands of years.  Its how we connect and have a real fulfilled life.
    
The above video is done by a friend of mind, and is real good - although it suggest deleting facebook account. Thats for anyone to decide, again free will. I personally have no need to be on social media, I have email and a phone that's more than enough for me to stay connected. I network in person and never had met anyone interested in what I teach from these websites-hence I am not on there.  The graphic below illustrates the ill affect of what social media, computers and smart phones are doing to ones body/mind. I think this is something to consider, at least monitor you're technology use and cut it down, would not hurt.

        
Yourbrainonsocialinfographic